After Sales Service
This policy refers to products purchased online from this website only. If you purchased via any other route, please refer back to your retailer for advice.
Distance Selling Regulations
Faulty Inside 28 Days
Faulty Outside 28 Days
Before contacting Donaldson's Gunsmiths for returns please refer to our Download and Support section. In our experience the majority of reported faults are solved using our FAQs. Please note that you may be charged if you return products outside of 7 days that are not faulty.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all orders placed for the products identified on the Donaldson's Gunsmiths UK Shop. PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS - IF YOU PLACE AN ORDER USING THIS SYSTEM, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL APPLY TO YOUR PURCHASE.
The supplier of the goods to which these terms and conditions apply (referred to hereafter as 'we' or 'us' as the context requires) is Donaldson's Gunsmiths 10 & 12 Wharfside, Fenny Stratford, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK2 2AZ.
Whilst we will try to fulfil any orders placed with us within any stated time, we shall not (save as otherwise required by law) be liable for the consequences of any delay or failure to deliver.
Notwithstanding any indication given by the system, all orders are accepted subject to availability.
For your security orders we will only deliver to the credit card billing address providing it is within the Mainland United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
Orders must be paid for at the time of ordering using one of the credit/debit cards identified on the e-commerce page and are conditional on subsequent validation of the card transaction with the issuer.
All prices are inclusive of VAT, delivery and packaging. These products will be dispatched by a Donaldson's Gunsmiths nominated Carrier, and will require a signature for the delivery. Under normal circumstances your confirmed order will be delivered within 5 working days.
Certain items may ship by post and cannot be tracked once they have entered the postal system. All other shipments use carrier delivery for maximum security and tracking.
Any orders placed are subject to your rights of cancellation pursuant to the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, except in respect of supply of audio or video recordings or computer software if you have unsealed their packaging.
Withdrawal and cancellation
- You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
- You can cancel the Contract except for any Goods which are made to your special requirements (the Returns Right) by telling us no later than 14 calendar days from the day the Contract was entered into, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without liability, except in that case, you must return to any of our business premises the Goods in undamaged condition at your own expense. Then we must without delay refund to you the price for those Goods which have been paid for in advance, but we can retain any separate delivery charge. This does not affect your rights when the reason for the cancellation is any defective Goods. This Returns Right is different and separate from the Cancellation Rights below.
- This is a distance contract(as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights)set out below. These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:
- goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
- goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- Also, the Cancellation Rights for a Contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:
- in the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
Right to cancel
- Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post, fax or email). You can use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory. In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form.
- You can also electronically fill in and submit the model cancellation form or any other clear statement of the Customer's decision to cancel the Contract on our website www.donaldson-guns.co.uk. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation in a Durable Medium (eg by email) without delay.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
- Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Deduction for Goods supplied
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
- If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
- If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods or hand them over to us at 10-12 Wharfside, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England, MK2 2AZ without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
- For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
- distance contractmeans a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
- sales contractmeans a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
For our full Sales Terms and Conditions, please see our Sales Terms and Conditions page.